LORD'S PRAYER


LORD'S PRAYER  - A humble interpretation

O HEAVENLY FATHER, MOTHER, FRIEND, BELOVED GOD! may our ceaseless silent utterance of Thy Holy Name transform us to Thy likeness.

Inspire us , that our matter worship be changed to adoration of Thee. Through our purified hearts may Thy perfect kingdom come on earth, and all nations be liberated from misery. Let the soul freedom within us be manifested outwardly

May our wills grow strong in overcoming worldly desires and finally be attuned to Thy faultless will.

Give us our daily bread: food, health, and prosperity for the body; efficiency for the mind; and, above all, Thy love and wisdom for the soul.

It is Thy law that "with the same measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you.". May we forgive those who offend us, ever mindful of our own need for Thine unmerited mercy.

Leave not us in the pit of temptation into which we have fallen through our misuse of Thy gift of reason. Shouldst Thou wish to test us, O Spirit, may we realize Thou art enchanting beyond any earthly temptation.

Help us to deliver ourselves from the Shadow bonds of the sole evil: ignorance of Thee.

For Thy Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory, forever. Amen.

O HOLY SPIRIT, reveal Thyself as Thou art:

O Spirit, Thou art just behind my vision, with which I see Thine outward beauty. Thou art just behind my hearing, with which I listen to the melody of earth sounds. Thou art just behind my touch, with which I feel the objects of Thy world.

Thou art just behind the veil of Nature's splendours. In the sympathetic glances of flowers, in the zest of sustaining food, and in all Thine other bounties lies hidden the essence of Thy Being, Thine eternal sweetness.

As I invoke Thee, Lord, Thou art just behind my awe-trembling voice.

Thou art just behind the mind with which I pray.

Thou art just behind my deepest feelings. 

Thou art just behind my sacred thoughts. 

Thou art just behind my cravings for Thee. 

Thou art just behind my meditations.

Thou art just behind my tender love.

Wilt Thou art come out from behind the screens of human feelings and creation's elaborate displays? O Inscrutable by Mortals! Open my divine eye that sees Thee as Thou art.

MAY I LOVE THEE AS SAINTS LOVE THEE:

O HEAVENLY FATHER, fill me daily with the love and Thanksgiving that overwhelm the heart of a newly awakened saint. Give me the fervour known to all devotees who have ever loved and found THEE.

MAY I FORGIVE ALL:

O LORD OF COMPASSION, teach me to shed tears of love for all beings. May I behold them as my very own--different expressions of my SELF.

I easily excuse my own faults; let me therefore quickly forgive the failing of others. Bless me O FATHER, that I not inflict on my companions unwelcome criticism. If they ask my advice in trying to correct themselves, may I offer suggestions inspired by Thee.

Through the strength of kindness and Love, free from the thought of compulsion, teach me to lead all stumbling and stubborn ones to Thee. Guide my understanding and powers, that I turn dark-natured beings into sparkling seers who fully reflect Thy wisdom rays.

As even to a hanged murderer Thou dost give a fresh opportunity for self-improvement in a new incarnation, in which he wears an unrecognizable body and moves in another environment, so my pity extend to world forsaken wrongdoers. O HOLY SPIRIT, let the warmth of my love melt the chill in error-frozen brothers.

Thou art meekly waiting to reveal to all men Thy Presence within them. O unparalleled Patience, silent before an indifferent world! Bestow on me Thy Greathearted forbearance. Let me never retaliate when people wound me with unkindness.

May I sympathetically help others to help themselves. Teach me not to condemn their ingratitude if they turn against me and no longer permit me to serve them.

May I forgive (first inwardly, then outwardly) those who have most deeply injured me. I would return love for hatred,sweet praise for sour complaints, and good for evil.

Thy divine light is hidden in even the most vicious and gloom-shrouded man, waiting to shine forth under the proper conditions; the keeping of good company, and ardent desires for self betterment.

We thank Thee that no sin is unforgivable; no evil insuperable, for the world of relativity does not contain absolutes.

Direct me, O HEAVENLY FATHER, that I awaken Thy bewildered ones to the consciousness of their native purity, immortality, and celestial son hood.

REPAIR MY NERVE WIRES, O MYSTIC ELECTRICIAN!

Come. THOU, O MYSTIC ELECTRICIAN! My little soul cottage by the brook of life is in need of repairs

The nerve wiring has been shaken and torn by the winds of the years. The multi hued lamps of my senses are no longer effulgent.

O Builder of Bodies, O Divine Dynamo of all cosmic currents of life force! Resurrect the deadened wires of my wrecked nerves and infuse them with Thy Power, that my senses gleam again with Thy Glory.

I am the bulb and Thou art THE LIGHT within it. 

The Truth and the miracle is this: 

Thou art the Bulb and the Light.

HEAL US IN BODY, MIND, And SOUL.

O HOLY SPIRIT, teach us to heal the body by recharging it with Thy cosmic energy, to heal the mind by concentration and cheerfulness, and to heal the disease of soul ignorance by the divine medicine of meditation on Thee.

HEALING AFFIRMATION:

O DIVINE SPIRIT, Thou didst create my body. It is well, for Thou art present in it. Thy being is perfect. I am made in Thy image: I am perfect.

INSPIRIT US GENEROSITY

Heavenly Father, inspirit us with generosity. Thy Being is an outpouring of bounty; let us, too, know the joy of giving.

Teach us to spend for others' necessities as naturally as for our own. Since we shoulder at even the thought of destitution for ourselves, may we sympathetically help those who in actuality know the pangs of want.

Let us realize that to die rich, without having shared our treasures, is to die poor in Thine eyes; and to die poor because of liberality is to die rich with Thy blessing.

Men selfishly blinded by opulence must experience poverty in this or a future earth-life, because in the abodes of the world-abandoned they saw Thee not.

In all experiences of Thy children it is Thine omnipresent consciousness that enjoys and suffers. Thou didst bestow riches on Thyself (in the forms of the wealthy) as an intricate human test to see how charitable Thou wouldst be to Thyself (in the forms of the needy)

The large-hearted man , receiving from Thee loving largess and freely bestowing it on others, expands into Universal Self.

Accepting daily Thine endless gifts, may we praise Thee and Thank Thee, O Giver of All!

LORDS PRAYER

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. 
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.