Skip to main content

GOD'S PROMISES



PROMISES OF GOD

GODS’ PROMISES:

The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God’s will remains forever.

1.The world and its passions will disappear but those who do My will shall live forever.

2. Hebrews 10:10 - by which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

3. I made you holy by the once for all sacrifice of My Son, Jesus Christ.
(Psalm 46:10)

4. HE  says, “Be still, and know that I am GOD; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

What can be said about God’s promises to us?
(1). He has promised to supply every need we have.

The Bible says:  “But My God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in Glory by Christ Jesus”. That’s  Phillipians 4:19.

Now notice, GOD has obligated Himself only to the extent of our needs. That would include food, clothing, shelter, companionship, love, and salvation thru Jesus Christ.

It would not include the multiplicity of luxuries that we have come to think of as needs.

(2). God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. (II Corinthians 12:9).

In fact, He has made provision for our salvation by His grace through faith. Read Ephesians 2:8.  It is through an obedient faith that we have access into the grace of God according to Romans 5:2.
(3). God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. Instead, He assures us that a way of escape will be provided. This promise is recorded in I Corinthians 10:13.

Jude wrote: “Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy” (Jude v 24).  Darius, King of the Medes, said to Daniel, “Thy God whom thou servest continually, HE will deliver thee” (Daniel 6:16).  HE did deliver Daniel from the den of lions.

(4). GOD has promised us victory over death. He first resurrected Jesus by way of assuring our resurrection. Peter said: “This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses” (Acts 2:32).

Paul wrote to the Corinthians: “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures” (I Corinthians 15:3,4). Later on he adds: “but thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (I Corinthians 15:57).

(5). God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Romans 8:28).
It may be difficult for us to see and understand how this is accomplished at times, but God has promised it, and He will deliver.

(6). GOD  has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved. (Read Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38).

(7). God has promised His people eternal life (John 10:27,28). In closing, let me appeal to you to live so that the promises of God will be yours.
10 Scriptures About God’s Promises:

[1]… (2 Peter 1:4).  And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

[2]… Jeremiah 29:11.  For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

[3]… Matthew 11:28-29.  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

[4]… Isaiah 40:29-31.  He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

[5]… Philippians 4:19.  And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

[6]… Romans 8:37-39.  No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

[7]… Proverbs 1:33.  But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm.”
[8]… John 14:27.  “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

[9]… Romans 10:9.  If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

[10]… Romans 6:23.  For the wages of sin is death,  but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

The promises of God are powerful and awesome to grasp. I pray that these scriptures about God’s promises were helpful to you today.

Promises of God

“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world…”  (2 Peter 1:4)

SUBJECT SCRIPTURE REFERENCES

ANGER:

“Be ye angry, and sin not; let not the sun go down upon your wrath.” (Ephesians 4:26)

“He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”  (Proverbs 16:32)

“The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.” (Proverbs 19:11)

ANSWERED PRAYER:

“Then ye shall call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.”  (Jeremiah 29:12)

“He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.”  (Psalm 91:15)

“The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”  (Psalm 34:15. 17)

Prayer:  “Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.”

Promise:  “Happy are they who observe His decrees, who seek Him with all their heart.”  (-Ps 119:2)

BUSINESS:

“Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.” (Proverbs 16:3)

“Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.”  (Colossians 4:1)

“If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures.”  (Job 36:11)



CHILDREN
“Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.” Colossians 3:20

“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.” Exodus 20:12

“Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Ephesians 6:1-3

COMFORT
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1

“This is my comfort in my affliction, for Thy word hath quickened me.” Psalm 119:50

“Unless Thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.” Psalm 119:92
CONQUERING SINS
“For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under grace.” Romans 6:14

“Thy word I have hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.” Psalm 119:11

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” James 4:7

DEPRESSION
“The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.” Psalm 34:15, 17

“He healeth the broken in heart and bindeth up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4

DISCOURAGEMENT
“And let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9

“We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me; Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.” Psalm 138:7

DIVORCE
“For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that He hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.” Malachi 2:16
ETERNAL LIFE
“And this is the promise that He hath promised us-even eternal life.” 1 John 2:25

“Verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.” John 6:47

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
FEAR
“Fear not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10

“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not nor be afraid of them; for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee, He will not fail thee nor forsake thee.” Deuteronomy 31:6

“So that we may boldly say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” Hebrews 13:6

FINANCES
“But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

“Therefore, take no thought, saying, ‘What shall we eat’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘Wherewithall shall we be clothed?’ For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.” Matthew 6:31-32

“He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” Romans 8:32

“Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him.” Matthew 6:8

FORGIVENESS
“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15

“Then Peter came to Him, and said, ‘Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive Him? Til seven times?’ Jesus saith unto him, ‘I say not unto thee, until seven times; but til seventy times seven.’ ” Matthew 18:21-22

“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake also hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32

FRUSTRATION
“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee. When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Isaiah 43:2

“Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” Psalm 37:7

“Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee; He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Psalm 55:22
GOVERNMENT
“Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates ; to be ready to every good work, to speak evil of no man, to be not brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness unto all men. Titus 3:1-2

“It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness, for the throne is established by righteousness.” Proverbs 16:12

“Mercy and truth preserve the king, and his throne is upholden by mercy.” Proverbs 20:28

GUIDANCE
“Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.” Psalm 73:24

“In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:6

“Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and He saveth them out of their distresses.” Psalm 107:19

GUILT
“For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.” 1 John 3:20

“I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and as a cloud, thy sins. Return unto Me, for I have redeemed thee.” Isaiah 44:22

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1
HUSBANDS
“Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.” Colossians 3:19

“But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God.” 1 Corinthians 11:3

“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor of the Lord.” Proverbs 18:22
ILLNESS
“O Lord, My God, I cried unto Thee and Thou hast healed me.” Psalm 30:2

“Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for Thou art my praise.” Jeremiah 17:14

“The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing; Thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.” Psalm 41:3

IMPATIENCE
“The trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” James 1:3-4

“I waited patiently for the Lord, and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1

“But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.” Luke 8:15
KNOWING HIS WILL
“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with Mine eye.” Psalm 32:8

“Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.” Proverbs 16:3

“My soul, wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is from Him.” Psalm 62:5

LONELINESS
“And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee; for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.” Psalm 9:9-10

“I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you. ” John 14:18

“Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

LOVING OTHERS
“And the second, is like, namely this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31

“By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another.” John 13:35

“But to do good and to communicate forget not, for with such sacrifices God is well-pleased.” Hebrews 13:16

MARRIAGE
“Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.” 1 Peter 1:22

“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32

“Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.” Proverbs 10:12

“And the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.’ “Genesis 2:18

“Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” Matthew 19:6

MATURITY
“But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all they that do His commandments. His praise endureth forever.” Psalm 111:10

“With Him is wisdom and strength, He hath counsel and understanding.” Job 12:13

NEED
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Psalm 23:1

“For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.” Psalm 107:9

“But He answered and said: ‘It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.’ ” Matthew 4:4
OBEDIENCE
“O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!” Deuteronomy 5:29

“Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart!” Psalm 119:2

“If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.” John 13:17

OLD AGE
“And even to your old age I am He; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.” Isaiah 46:4

“The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.” Proverbs 16:31

“The glory of young men is their strength, and the beauty of old men is their grey head.” Proverbs 20:29

PARENTING
“Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6

“The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.” Psalm 115:14

“Lo, children are an heritage from the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is His reward.” Psalm 127:3

“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

PEACE
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.” Isaiah 26:3

“Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.” Psalm 119:165

“Lord, Thou wilt ordain peace for us, for Thou also hast wrought all our works in us.” Isaiah 26:12

PERSEVERANCE
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

“Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.” Psalm 31:24

“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He is faithful that promised. And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.” Hebrews 10:23-24

PRAISE
“I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” Psalm 34:1

“Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee.” Psalm 63:3

“O Lord, Thou art my God, I will exalt You. I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things. Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.” Isaiah 25:1
PRAYER
“Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” Jeremiah 33:3

“Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice.” Psalm 55:17

“Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

READING THE WORD
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11T

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17
REBELLION
“There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.” Proverbs 12:21

“For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.” Ephesians 5:8

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.” 2 Corinthians 10:4
REPENTANCE
“Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” Romans 2:4

“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” James 4:8

“Repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 3:2

RESURRECTION
“Jesus said unto her: ‘I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in Me though he were dead, yet shall he live.’ “John 11:25

“Knowing that He which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.” 2 Corinthians 4:14

“Who shall change our vile body that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.” Philippians 3:21

RIGHTEOUSNESS
“For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

“And he believed in the Lord, and He counted it to him for righteousness.” Genesis 15:6

SADNESS
“Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4

“Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God, believe also in Me.” John 14:1

“But as it is written: ‘Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.’ ” 1 Corinthians 2:9

SALVATION
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23

“Jesus answered and said unto him, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

SATAN
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” James 4:7

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4

“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and loved not their lives unto the death.” Revelation 12:11

SECURITY
“So we may boldly say: ‘The Lord is my helper; and I will not fear what man shall do to me.’ ” Hebrews 13:6

“If God be for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31

“When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.” Psalm 94:18

SOCIAL
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16

“Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.” Romans 12:15

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another.” John 13:34-35

SORROW
“O Death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:55-57

“Jesus said unto her, ‘I am the Resurrection and the Life. He that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.’ ” John 11:25

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me, Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4

STEWARDSHIP
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” 2 Cor 9:7

“Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase; So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10

“And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.” Matthew 10:42

STORMS OF LIFE
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.” Psalm 46:1-2

“The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.” Psalm 9:9

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me; Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.” Psalm 138:7

STRENGTH
“They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.” Isaiah 40:31

“The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” Deuteronomy 33:27

“My soul melteth for heaviness; strengthen Thou me according unto Thy word.” Psalm 119:28

SUFFERING
“Is anyone among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms.” James 5:13

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world, ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

“The Lord upholdeth all that fall and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.” Psalm 145:14

“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations, knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.” James 1:2-3

TEMPTATION
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13

“For in that He Himself hath suffered, being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted.” Hebrews 2:18

“Nay, in all these things, we are more than conquerors, through Him that loved us.” Romans 8:37

“For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” Hebrews 4:15

UNSAVED LOVED ONES
“Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.” Matthew 18:14

“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness, but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9

“And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.’ ” Acts 16:31

WITNESSING
“Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28:18-20

“And He said to them, ‘Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’ “Mark 16:15

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all the nations, and then shall the end come.” Matthew 24:14

WIVES
“A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband.” Proverbs 12:4

“Houses and riches are the inheritance of fathers, and a prudent wife is from the Lord.” Proverbs 19:14

“Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31:10

“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world…” 2 Peter 1:4
ENCOURAGEMENT, PROMISES OF GOD’S
[1]… Psalms 10:17-18 Verse Concepts
O LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear To vindicate the orphan and the oppressed, So that man who is of the earth will no longer cause terror.
[2]… 1 Chronicles 29:12. “Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone.
Psalms 89:20-21. “I have found David My servant; With My holy oil I have anointed him, With whom My hand will be established; My arm also will strengthen him.
[]… Isaiah 41:10. `Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
[]… Isaiah 49:13. Shout for joy, O heavens! And rejoice, O earth! Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains! For the LORD has comforted His people And will have compassion on His afflicted.
[]…Jeremiah 29:11. `For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, `plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
[]… Zechariah 1:17. “Again, proclaim, saying, `Thus says the LORD of hosts, “My cities will again overflow with prosperity, and the LORD will again comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem.”
[]… Acts 20:32. “And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
[]… 1 Peter 5:10. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
[]… Joshua 1:8-9. “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
[]… Romans 15:4. For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
[]… Psalms 1:1-3. How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
[]… Hebrews 12:5. and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons, “MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD, NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
[]… John 14:16-17. “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
[]… Acts 9:31. So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria enjoyed peace, being built up; and going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it continued to increase.
[]… Romans 8:18-27. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope read more.
[]… Philippians 2:1. Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion,
[]… 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
[]… 1 Samuel 30:6. Moreover David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him, for all the people were embittered, each one because of his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.
[]… Psalms 86:17. Show me a sign for good, That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, Because You, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.
[]… Isaiah 52:9. Break forth, shout joyfully together, You waste places of Jerusalem; For the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem.
Daniel 10:18-19
Then this one with human appearance touched me again and strengthened me. He said, “O man of high esteem, do not be afraid. Peace be with you; take courage and be courageous!” Now as soon as he spoke to me, I received strength and said, “May my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”
[]… Acts 23:11. But on the night immediately following, the Lord stood at his side and said, “Take courage; for as you have solemnly witnessed to My cause at Jerusalem, so you must witness at Rome also.”
[]… 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
[]… 2 Timothy 4:17. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion’s mouth.
[]… Hebrews 6:18. so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.
[]… 1 Peter 1:3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Judges 7:11. and you will hear what they say; and afterward your hands will be strengthened that you may go down against the camp.” So he went with Purah his servant down to the outposts of the army that was in the camp.
[]… 2 Chronicles 15:8. Now when Asa heard these words and the prophecy which Azariah the son of Oded the prophet spoke, he took courage and removed the abominable idols from all the land of Judah and Benjamin and from the cities which he had captured in the hill country of Ephraim. He then restored the altar of the LORD which was in front of the porch of the LORD.
[]… Ezra 6:22. And they observed the Feast of Unleavened Bread seven days with joy, for the LORD had caused them to rejoice, and had turned the heart of the king of Assyria toward them to encourage them in the work of the house of God, the God of Israel.
[]… Acts 28:15. And the brethren, when they heard about us, came from there as far as the Market of Appius and Three Inns to meet us; and when Paul saw them, he thanked God and took courage.
[]… 2 Corinthians 7:4. Great is my confidence in you; great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort; I am overflowing with joy in all our affliction.
[]… 1 Corinthians 16:13. Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
[]… Deuteronomy 31:6-8. “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” Then Moses called to Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land which the LORD has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall give it to them as an inheritance. “The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
[]… Joshua 1:6-8. “Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. “Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go. “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
[]… Joshua 10:25. Joshua then said to them, “Do not fear or be dismayed! Be strong and courageous, for thus the LORD will do to all your enemies with whom you fight.”
[]… 1 Chronicles 22:13. “Then you will prosper, if you are careful to observe the statutes and the ordinances which the LORD commanded Moses concerning Israel. Be strong and courageous, do not fear nor be dismayed.
[]… 1 Chronicles 28:20. Then David said to his son Solomon, “Be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished.
[]… 2 Chronicles 19:11. “Behold, Amariah the chief priest will be over you in all that pertains to the LORD, and Zebadiah the son of Ishmael, the ruler of the house of Judah, in all that pertains to the king. Also the Levites shall be officers before you. Act resolutely, and the LORD be with the upright.”
[]… 2 Chronicles 32:7. “Be strong and courageous, do not fear or be dismayed because of the king of Assyria nor because of all the horde that is with him; for the one with us is greater than the one with him.
[]… Ezra 10:4. “Arise! For this matter is your responsibility, but we will be with you; be courageous and act.”
[]… Psalms 27:14. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.
[]… Isaiah 54:2. “Enlarge the place of your tent; Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not; Lengthen your cords And strengthen your pegs.
[]… Matthew 14:27. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.”
[]… Mark 6:50. for they all saw Him and were terrified. But immediately He spoke with them and *said to them, “Take courage; it is I, do not be afraid.”
[]… Acts 27:22. “Yet now I urge you to keep up your courage, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship.
[]… Isaiah 40:30-31. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
[]… Psalms 25:3. Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed; Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.
[]… Romans 15:5. Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus,
[]… 1 Corinthians 14:3. But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.
[]… 2 Corinthians 3:12. Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech,
[]… Philippians 2:1-2. Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
[]… Colossians 2:2. that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself,
[]… 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12
Just as you know how we were exhorting and encouraging and imploring each one of you as a father would his own children, so that you would walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.
[]… 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.
[]… Nehemiah 6:9. For all of them were trying to frighten us, thinking, “They will become discouraged with the work and it will not be done.” But now, O God, strengthen my hands.
[]… Psalms 119:28. My soul weeps because of grief; Strengthen me according to Your word.
[]… Isaiah 38:14. “Like a swallow, like a crane, so I twitter; I moan like a dove; My eyes look wistfully to the heights; O Lord, I am oppressed, be my security.
[]… Romans 15:5-6. Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[]… Colossians 1:10-12. so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.