Prayers

I WEAR MY SCARES AS ROSES OF COURAGE. 

I have bled for Thy Name; and for Thy Name’s sake I am willing ever to bleed. Like a mighty warrior, with gory limps, injured body, wounded honour, and a thorn crown of derision, undismayed I fight on. 

My scars I wear as roses of courage, of inspiration to preserve in the battle against evil.

I may continue to suffer blows on my arms outstretched to help others, and receive persecution instead of love. 

But my soul shall ever bask in the sunshine of Thy Blessings, O LORD! Thou dost guide Thy soldier’s campaigns that conquer for Thee the lands of human hearts now oppressed by sadness.

With the transfiguring sword of wisdom I smite the error foe. 

My army of freedom thoughts is disciplined by the divine martinet, Single hearted Devotion to THEE. 

Blowing trumpets of THY liberating Name, the battalions march into enemy-occupied territory: MAYA-deluded minds.

May the legions of light banish the despot, Darkness-usurper in man’s kingdom of consciousness.

Oh, in my invasion of the continents of ignorance Thou hast ever been Commander in Chief!.

Prayer:- FATHER, leave me not in the pit of temptation, wherein I fell through misuse of Thy gift of reason, but if it be Thy desire to test me, make Thyself more tempting than temptation. Amen.

AFFIRMATION:- iii

I SHALL BEHOLD THE ONLY BEGOTTEN, ONLY REFLECTION, OF TRANSCENDENTAL GOD, THE FATHER, BORN IN THE WOMP OF ALL FINITE MATTER AND VIBRATION, AS THE ONLY Christ Intelligence, SHEPHERDING ALL CREATION TO AN INTELLIGENT, DIVINE END.

I WILL BE THINE ALWAYS.

I may go far, beyond the uttermost star, but I will be Thine always.

Devotees may come. Devotees may go; but I will be Thine Always. 

I may bound over the billows of many incarnations, forlorn beneath the skies of loneliness, but I will be Thine Always.

Thy world, engrossed in Thy playthings, may forsake THEE; but I will be Thine always.

My voice may become feeble and fail me; yet with the voice of my soul I shall whisper: “I will be THINE Always.”

Trials, disease, and death may riddle and rend me. While the embers of my memory still flicker, look THOU into my dying eyes; they shall mutely say: “I will be THINE Always.”

A PRAYER:- TEACH me to behave like the orange which, Though crushed and bitten, fails not to impart its sweetness. Crushed by unkindness, bitten by carping criticism, or hewed with hard words and cruel behaviour, teach me yet to pour the unceasing sweetness of my Love